Organised at Auteuil on Saturday 19 May, at the heart of one of the biggest weekends for jumping enthusiasts, the Auteuil Sale will present a selection of horses that have recently shown potential for this discipline. They will go through the ring 30 minutes after the last race of the day.
13 horses have already been entered for this new event, and their pedigrees can be seen on www.arqana.com . The complete catalogue will be available in printed version on the day of the sale.
- The impressive first-time-out winner VISION D’HONNEUR will sell as lot 5. The son of Vision d’Etat and half-brother to Grade 1 performer LE MARTALIN scored by 3.5 lengths over 3000 metres at Fontainebleau in the care of Robert Collet.
- A three-year-old gelding by Redoute’s Choice, FESTIVALIER is lot 11. Trained by Carlos & Yann Lerner, he ran 3rd on both his starts at Auteuil over hurdles, only finding the highly regarded PIC D’ORHY and GOLIATH DU BERLAIS too good in the Prix Go Ahead on 28 April.
- Joël Boisnard will offer two of his charges, headed by three-year-old gelding GREAT AUTHORITY (lot 4). This half-brother to Stakes winner DARTAGNAN D’AZUR by Authorized ran 2nd on his hurdling debut at Nantes. As for SANSIRO (lot 9), he is undefeated in two starts over hurdles this year. After winning by 15 lengths in Angers, this four-year-old gelding by Rajsaman doubled up at Toulouse on April 5th, ahead of the Macaire-trained pair HORST and ROYALE MARIA HAS.
- The AQPS FRESNO EMERY (lot 12) will be offered from Nicolas Taudon and is trained by Freddy Grizon. This three-year-old gelding by Vision d’Etat finished 3rd on his only start in a flat race at Lignières over 2400 meters. He comes from the family of the talented jumpers VOILADENUO, ATUVUEDENUO and BIENDENUO.
- 4th in the Prix Claude Cohen at Auteuil for his first outing over hurdles, ENQARDE (lot 13) is in training with Yannick Fouin. This four-year-old AQPS gelding is a son of Kapgarde and comes from a good Anglo-Arab family.
- An impressive winner by 16 lengths at Châteaubriant on his jumping debut April 19, HIGHEST SUN is lot 6. The four-year-old Sunday Break gelding trained by Jean-Luc Guillochon has already won on the flat this year, over 3400 meters at Pornichet.
- François-Marie Cottin presents CARIBEAN BOY (lot 3), a progressive four-year-old gelding. Already a winner over hurdles at Auteuil last year, he finished 2nd on his last start in the Listed Prix de Marsan only three-quarters of a length behind Jacques Detre’s undefeated and highly thought of LOU BUCK’S, beating the talented MOZO GUAPO.
- Three-year-old gelding BOTTICELLI (lot 8) comes from the yard of Guillaume Macaire. This son of Montmartre opened his account by 12 lengths over the Bordeaux hurdle on April 22, his second start. He is a half-brother to the Gr.3 placed chaser ROUVRAIE.
- Young trainer Gabriel Leenders offers BOUARCOS HAS (lot 2), a three-year-old gelding who took 3rd on debut in a hurdle race at Angers, April 20. This son of No Risk At All is the first foal of the talented BOURNIE, herself placed at Listed level over hurdles.
- Lot 7 is the four-year-old filly COMME MAMAN from trainer Damien Sourdeau de Beauregard. This daughter of Ballingarry opened her account on her second outing, winning by 2.5 lengths over hurdles at Bordeaux.
- GRAND BANKS (lot 1) won his last race by two lengths in the Prix Orvilliers over hurdles at Compiègne for Julien Phelippon. This four-year-old gelding is a son of Hurricane Run.
- The four-year-old AQPS filly ELEONORE D’APSIS takes lot 10 and completes this first part of the catalogue. Offered by trainer Laure Cordonnier, she impressed on her flat debut when scoring by 3.5 lengths over 2900 metres. She hails from the family of the talented jumpers LADALKO, SAYING AGAIN and IZMIR COSQUET.
Entries are still open with Dominique Boulard and will close on Wednesday 16 May.
For further information:
email@example.com / +33 (0)2 31 81 81 00