A mixed sale with yearlings, two-year-old stores and horses-in-training, each year the Autumn Sale produces high-class winners in both disciplines.
SILVERWAVE, a multiple Group winner on the flat from the age of three, was bought as a two-year-old in training, as was the Gr.3 Sapphire Stakes winner CASPIAN PRINCE. Of those that have also distinguished themselves on the flat is MISS MELBOURNE, a very promising Listed winner, in addition to the well named BLACKTYPE, that recently won the Gr.2 Knickerbocker Stakes. Both were bought as yearlings.
Over jumps, FOX NORTON recorded two top tier successes in the same month when taking the Gr.1 JTL Melling Chase at Aintree before following up in the Gr.1 Champion Chase at Punchestown last April. Sales graduates such as AGRAPART, ARCTIC FIRE, TRAFFIC FLUIDE and RENNETI have either been placed or won group races in Great Britain and Ireland this year.
The 2017 sale is made up of 684 lots ready to follow in their footsteps on November 20, 21 and 22. The first day, that is made up of horses in training for the flat and jumps as well as two-year-old stores, will start at 10.30 am. The yearlings will start going through the ring on Tuesday at 1pm, and Wednesday at 11am.
Flat & Jump Horses In Training Section
A total of 237 horses-in-training from the best French and European stables will go under the hammer, of which several have already earned blacktype. Reserved for those with recent eye-catching performances, 14 Wild Cards are also available in this section.
Of the flat horses, six homebreds from Wertheimer et Frère will go through the ring, together with seven from the Aga Khan Studs, 10 from Haras du Quesnay and five 2-year-olds from David Smaga.
The catalogue also contains some extremely interesting National Hunt prospects, including:
- LE PATRIOTE (lot 204), this five-year-old son of Poliglote, trained by Marcel Rolland, won over hurdles at Compiegne in the Prix Robert Fournier Sarloveze this year.
- ELIMAY (lot 239), a three-year-old daughter of Montmartre that was runner-up in the Prix Magne (L.) and Prix Chambly (L.) having finished third in the Gr.3 Prix Sagan at Auteuil over hurdles for Carlos and Yann Lerner.
- EGLANTINE DU SEUIL (lot 248), a three-year-old AQPS by Saddler Maker trained by Mikael Seror from the Boudot family. She won on debut, October 5 over 2,600 metres at Fontainebleau against race-hardened fillies.
- ESPION DU CHENET (lot 258), the winner of the high-profile Prix Pride of Kildare at Auteuil, this three-year-old gelding by Sunday Break is trained by Matthieu Palussiere.
- PESK EBREL (lot 264), trained by Yohann Gourraud, this three-year-old gelding won over 3000 metres on the flat at Dieppe before impressing when winning the second section of the Prix Pride of Kildare at Auteuil on his jumping debut.
- DALILA DU SEUIL (lot 265), this four-year-old filly trained by Mikael Seror won her last two starts over hurdles including the Prix Dominique Sartini (L.) at Compiegne and the Prix Alain et Gilles de Goulaine at Auteuil.
- ENRICHISSANT (lot 269), this three-year-old AQPS gelding that races for Haras d’Ecouves has put up two very promising performances on the flat over 2,600 metres at Fontainebleau for David Windrif.
- EVARISTE (lot 270), a three-year-old gelding, this AQPS recently finished runner up in the Prix du Bourbonnais (Gr.2 AQ) on only his third outing.
- MOZO GUAPO (lot 275), also trained by Carlos and Yann Lerner, this four-year-old gelding was placed multiple times on the flat before taking the Prix Finot (L.) at Auteuil on September 14.
Two-Year-Old Store Section
During the first day of the sale, 33 two-year-old stores by some of the best stallions in their discipline will go under the hammer including progeny of AL NAMIX, BLUE BRESIL, KAPGARDE, MARTALINE, MONTMARTRE, NETWORK, NO RISK AT ALL, POLIGLOTE, SAINT DES SAINTS, TURGEON, YOUMZAIN, etc.
Many are closely related to horses that have already excelled in the National Hunt sphere, including:
- FULL AUX ROIS (lot 211), a son of Diamond Boy from Xavier Leredde. This AQPS gelding is a half-brother to the Group 3 winner PLAYING and to ECHIQUIER ROYAL, the runner-up in the Gr.3 Prix Aguado and a dual winner at Auteuil this year.
- LE PAULLAC (lot 217), offered from Haras des Palinges, this gelding by Poliglote is a half-brother to Grade 3 placed GARDEFORT at Cheltenham this year.
- BOCAGE HAS (lot 238), a gelding by Saint des Saints out of a sister to Listed winner SHANON DU BERLAIS, also a half-sister to the very talented MADISON DU BERLAIS, HILTON DU BERLAIS and JAMESON DU BERLAIS from Hamel Stud.
- FRENCHY DU LARGE (lot 252), a son of Al Namix out of a half-sister to Group placed SURGEON DE SIVOLA and TURN OVER SIVOLA consigned by Haras de la Hetraie.
- BALLYHOO (lot 266), from Haras des Loges, this son of Balko is the first foal out of a half-sister to Group winners TARLA and OVERLORD as well as Listed placed TARGENTIEL.
Flat and National Hunt Yearling Section
The final two days of the sale is for yearlings, and of the 401 colts and fillies catalogued, the National Hunt pedigrees will go through on the Tuesday. These include:
- Lot 285, a daughter of Saint Des Saints, a half-sister to Listed winner IVRESSE DU BERLAIS, from the same family of BONITO DU BERLAIS and NIKITA DU BERLAIS, from Haras de la Croix Sonnet;
- Lot 289, a half-sister to dual Group winner LE TRANQUILLE, from the first crop of GEMIX, offered from Haras du Pley;
- Lot 313, an own sister to triple Grade 2 winner IRISH SAINT by Saint Des Saints, from Haras de Montaigu;
- Lot 331, a gelding by Kapgarde, a half-brother to Grade 1 winning hurdler PONT ALEXANDRE, from Haras du Logis Saint-Germain;
- Lot 336, a son of Kapgarde out of Listed winner PLAYACT, herself a daughter of Groupe 1 winning hurdler PIERROT LUNAIRE;
- Lot 348, a son of Masked Marvel and a half-brother to GRAND DEPART, the winner of the Grand Steeple-Chase des 4 ans at Cagnes sur Mer (L.) this year, from Haras d’Etreham;
- Lot 374, a son of Motivator out of Group winner VIE DE REINE, that has also produced the black-type performers over jumps, VINO GRIEGO, LAS VENTAS, TARUMA and GRANDISSIME, from Haras des Eclos;
- Lot 376, a son of Martaline from Haras des Loges, the first foal out of Group winner VIVIANE ROYALE, herself out of Group winner MA ROYALE;
- Lot 387, the first foal out of Listed winner AMARANTINE by Authorized from Haras des Sablonnets;
- Lot 388, a son of Saint Des Saints from Haras du Lieu des Champs, the first foal out of triple Group winner AMBROISE;
- Lot 396, a son of Masked Marvel, a half-brother to Grade 1 winning hurdler PETIT MOUCHOIR, from Irene Scheldt;
- Lot 401, a son of Martaline out of Listed winner BARAKA DU BERLAIS, also the dam of Grade 2 winner LET’S DANCE, from Haras de l’Hotellerie;
- Lot 431, a son of Montmartre, also the half-brother to dual Grade 1 winning hurdler PETITE PARISIENNE consigned by Haras d’Ellon;
- Lot 432, a son of Great Pretender out of Group winner ELIGA, also the dam of SRELIGHONN, the winner of the Gr.1 Prix Ferdinand Dufaure this year, offered by Domaine de l’Etang.
For flat-bred yearlings, the third and final day contains colts and fillies by DABIRSIM, KENDARGENT, LE HAVRE, LOPE DE VEGA, PEDRO THE GREAT, SIYOUNI, RAJSAMAN, WOOTTON BASSETT, etc.
Catalogue online at www.arqana.com
For more information:
+33 (0)2 31 81 81 00 / firstname.lastname@example.org