Seven horses in training, who have performed on the flat and over jumps, have just been added to the Autumn Sale catalogue via the Wild Card system and will go through the ring Monday 14 November in Deauville.
- DOMFRONT (Lot 160). A 2yo colt by Royal Applause trained by Nicolas Clément, Domfront is an on upward curve. He won a conditions race at Compiegne before adding to his tally with an authoritative win in on the Chantilly all-weather track, October 24.
- CHARMING ZEN (Lot 190). This four-year-old AQPS by Youmzain, trained by Patrice Quiton, did not miss his debut. On that occasion, he left his closest rival ten lengths adrift over the hurdles of Les Sables d’Olonne racetrack.
- DIDERO VALLIS (Lot 180). A son of the leading jump sire in France Poliglote, out of a sister to Jerico Vallis, Didero Vallis ranks amongst the best elements of the 3yo AQPS generation. Third on the flat in the Prix du Bourbonnais (Gr.3 AQPS), he has confirmed his ability by placing third again in the Prix de l’Avenir at the same level at Nantes.
- DOSTAL PHIL (Lot 185). An easy winner first time out, Dostal Phil showed great potential on his winning debut. Dominating horses that have franked his form since, this inmate of Yannick Fouin is from the family of Joly Bey and A Toi Phil.
- DINDIN (Lot 175). Aged three and victorious on the flat, Dindin won first time out over hurdles in the provinces. A son of Balko, he is from a family that often matures well, like his relatives Tony Star and Voiladenuo.
- CAID DU LIN (Lot 170). Conditioned by Jean-Pierre Trinquier, this four-year-old gelding by Della Francesca opened his account over jumps on 16 October, winning by ten lengths at Niort.
- DIS DONC (Lot 195). Having been denied by a short neck on his debut, the Alain Couetil-trained Dis Donc has not tasted defeat again, winning successively at Châteaubriant and Nantes in the Prix de l’Avenir (Gr.3 AQPS). This last win ranks him amongst the leaders of the 3yo AQPS crop.
5 Wild Cards are still available. They always generate a huge amount of interest among buyers. Last year, the Autumn was topped by Wild Card entry CHIRICO VALLIS, who was bought for €355,000 by Horse Racing Advisory from Laurent Viel.
The catalogue is online at www.arqana.com