ARQANA has unveiled its catalogue for the August Yearling Sale which is set to take place from Sunday 14 – Tuesday 16 August. Available online now at www.arqana.com and in printed format in the next few days, the catalogue contains 375 yearlings carefully selected from the finest French and European establishments.
Sales graduates making their mark in all top arenas
Year after year, ARQANA’s yearling sales have shown their ability to offer purchasers future Group winners from the best breeding farms. This season, ALMANZOR, already a group winner at two, flew to success in the Gr.1 Prix du Jockey Club; QEMAH flew the flag for France at Royal Ascot after her brilliant victory in the Gr.1 Coronation Stakes; Champion Two-Year-Old of 2014 BELARDO won again at the highest level in the Gr.1 Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes, and JEMAYEL finished in front of CAMPROCK in the Gr.1 Coolmore Prix Saint-Alary. All this without forgetting the following Group 2 and 3 winners sold at ARQANA as yearlings: CHEIKELJACK, MEKHTAAL, SPRING MASTER, THE JULIET ROSE, ZELZAL, HOME OF THE BRAVE, ROYAL SOLITAIRE, etc.
An excellent range of stallions
Of the 375 colts and fillies catalogued, there are several yearlings by sires that have become almost impossible to purchase at public auction such as DUBAWI, GALILEO and SHAMARDAL, as well as those by the best European stallions: CAPE CROSS, DANSILI, DARK ANGEL, DUTCH ART, EXCEED AND EXCEL, FASTNET ROCK, FRANKEL, HIGH CHAPARRAL, INVINCIBLE SPIRIT, KENDARGENT, KITTEN’S JOY, LAWMAN, LE HAVRE, LOPE DE VEGA, MAKFI, MASTERCRAFTSMAN, NEW APPROACH, OASIS DREAM, REDOUTE’S CHOICE, ROCK OF GIBRALTAR, SEA THE STARS, SCAT DADDY, SIYOUNI, STREET CRY, TEOFILO, ZOFFANY, WOOTTON BASSETT and several more.
The August Sale will also give buyers the opportunity to see and purchase the first crops of AL KAZEEM, CAMELOT, CITYSCAPE, DABIRSIM, DECLARATION OF WAR, GEORGE VANCOUVER, HAVANA GOLD, INTELLO, LETHAL FORCE, MAXIOS, MOST IMPROVED, PENNY’S PICNIC, PLANTEUR, and STYLE VENDOME.
No less than 27 brothers and sisters to Group 1 winners
Full of quality, the catalogue has no less than 134 black type first dams, making up 36% of the catalogue with nearly 50% of these offered in Part 1. An impressive total of 30 yearlings are out of Group winners.
A large number of yearlings set to go under the hammer are also out of very young mares, with more than a third the first or second foals. Of the mares that have already produced horses of racing age, 56% of these have already produced black-type performers – 75% in Part 1 – of which 27 of these have already given birth to Group 1 winners.
Managed by Henri Bozo, Ecurie des Monceaux is the biggest consignment with 34 yearlings catalogued. These include:
- Lot 10, a half-brother by Redoute’s Choice to THE JULIET ROSE, winner of the 3 Prix de Royaumont.
- Lot 25, a half-sister by Dubawi to the very talented GIOFRA, winner of the 1 Falmouth Stakes and placed five times at the highest level.
- Lot 44, a brother to triple Group 1 winner CHARM SPIRIT, now standing at Haras de Bonneval.
- Lot 57, a half-brother by Frankel to MARBRE ROSE, a Group 3 winner in the USA.
- Lot 97, a half-sister by Galileo to Classic winner CHICQUITA.
- Lot 99, a daughter of Galileo and Group 3 winner QUETSCHE.
- Lot 113, a half-sister by Frankel to SEISMOS (1 GP Von Bayern) and SAMBA BRAZIL (Gr.3 Grosse Europa Meile).
- Lot 114, a filly by Galileo from the family of PLUMANIA (1 Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud) and BALLADEUSE (Gr.2 Prix de Royallieu).
- Lot 158, a half-brother by Frankel to SUMBAL, winner of the2 Prix Greffulhe.
Haras des Capucines are represented by 33 yearlings, of which:
- Lot 6, a daughter of Sea The Stars and 2 Prix de Pomone winner DIAMOND TANGO.
- Lot 19, the first foal out of FORCES OF DARKNESS, winner of the 3 Prix Minerve and placed in the Gr.1 Prix Saint-Alary, a filly by Smart Strike.
- Lot 21, a half-brother by Frankel to LAUGH OUT LOUD, winner of the2 Prix de Sandringham.
- Lot 23, a son of Camelot, the first foal out of 2 Prix Corrida victress GRACE LADY.
- Lot 151, a half-brother by Dansili to dual Gr.1 winner ZAGORA.
Coulonces Consignment have 27 yearlings catalogued, including:
- Lot 34, a half-sister by Sea The Stars to Gr.1 Prix Jean Prat winner HAVANA GOLD, currently standing at Tweenhills Farm and Stud.
- Lot 86, a half-brother by Big Bad Bob to Classic winner and stallion RELIABLE MAN.
- Lot 94, a colt from the first crop of Reliable Man and Champion PRIDE, already the dam of Gr.2 Grand Prix de Chantilly winner ONE FOOT IN HEAVEN.
- Lot 126, a daughter from the mating of Invincible Spirit and STRAWBERRY ROAN, placed in the Gr.1 Irish 1000 Guineas and a sister to IMAGINE.
- Lot 148, a half-sister by Galileo to Art Connoisseur, winner of the Gr.1 Golden Jubilee Stakes.
- Lot 154, a brother to champion filly LA CRESSONNIERE, who recently recorded the Poule d’Essai des Pouliches – Prix de Diane Longines (Gr.1) double.
Several other brothers and sisters to Group 1 winners feature in the catalogue, notably:
- Lot 2, consigned by Ballylinch Stud, a half-brother by Nathaniel to Champion Two-Year-Old and dual Group 1 winner BELARDO.
- Lot 15, offered by Watership Down Stud, a half-sister by Exceed And Excel to GORELLA, winner of the 1 Beverly D. Stakes.
- Lot 22, consigned by Horse Park Stud, a brother to SLADE POWER, winner of the 1 Diamond Jubilee Stakes and the Gr.1 July Cup.
- Lot 37, offered by Haras du Cadran, a half-brother by Lawman to recent 1 Coronation Stakes victress QEMAH.
- Lot 95, a sister to dual Group 1 winner PRINCE GIBRALTAR from Haras de Montaigu.
- Lot 100, offered from Haras de La Perelle, a half-brother by Intello to 1 Prix du Cadran winner MILLE ET MILLE and recently fourth in the Gr.1 Gold Cup à Royal Ascot.
- Lot 110, consigned by Haras de Grandcamp, a half-sister by Camelot to dual Group 1 winning Champion Two-Year-Old, DABIRSIM.
- Lot 117, offered from Haras de la Louvière, a half-brother by Holy Roman Emperor to dual Australian Group 1 winner CONTRIBUTER.
- Lot 125, presented by Haras de Montaigu, a half-sister by Redoute’s Choice to FRENCH FIFTEEN, winner of the 1 Critérium International.
- Lot 141, consigned by Watership Down Stud, a half-brother by Oasis Dream to MORANDI, victorious in the 1 Critérium de Saint-Cloud.
- Lot 147, presented by Haras des Loges, a half-sister by Style Vendome to dual Group 1 winner COVERT LOVE.
- Lot 187, from Elevage de Tourgeville, a colt from the first crop of very talented sprinter Lethal Force and a half-brother to 1 Critérium de Saint-Cloud victor ROBIN OF NAVAN.
In addition, the sale will also offer several brothers and sisters to Group 2 and 3 winners, notably:
- Lot 1, from Haras de Colleville, a sister to Group 3 winner and Group 1 placed KENDAM.
- Lot 27, consigned by Newsells Park Stud, a half-brother by Invincible Spirit to YELLOW AND GREEN, winner of the 2 Prix de Malleret.
- Lot 30, presented by Camas Park & Glenvale Studs, a half-brother by Excelebration to GIBRALTAR BLUE, a four-time group winner.
- Lot 41, offered by Ballylinch Stud, a brother to ANAM ALLTA, winner of the3 Concorde Stakes.
- Lot 48, consigned by Haras d’Omméel, a half-sister by Redoute’s Choice to MY NAME IS BOND, winner of the3 Prix de La Rochette.
- Lot 56, presented from Haras du Logis, a half-brother by Dabirsim to the 3 Prix de Cabourg winner TOURNY
- Lot 73, offered from Camas Park & Glenvale Studs, a half-brother by Camelot to MARAAHEL, the winner of seven group races.
- Lot 79, consigned by Kildaragh Stud, a half-sister to Myboycharlie to NEW GIRLFRIEND, a dual group winner.
- Lot 116, presented by La Motteraye Consignment, a half-brother by Zoffany to 3 Prix Djebel winner CHEIKELJACK.
- Lot 129, from Haras du Mézeray, a sister to Group 3 winner SIGNS OF BLESSING, who recently finished third in the 1 Diamond Jubilee Stakes.
- Lot 135, offered from Haras de Chevotel, a half-sister by Teofilo to French and German group winners TRES ROCK DANON et TRES BLUE.
- Lot 156, consigned by Haras du Mézeray a half-sister by Dawn Approach to group winners MEKHTAAL, AIGUE MARINE and DEMOCRATE.
- Lot 179, from Haras de la Perelle, a half-brother by Dutch Art to dual Group 2 and Group 1 placed CLADOCERA.
- Lot 185, offered from Haras des Sablonnets, a half-sister by Casamento to German Group 3 winner CITRON SPIRIT.
- Lot 188, from Camas Park & Glenvale Studs, a half-brother by Camelot to CONFRONT, winner of the 3 Joel Stakes.
The catalogue also includes the progeny of several young Group winning mares, of which:
- Lot 14 offered from Haras d’Ellon is the second foal of 3 Prix des Réservoirs winner ESPIRITA, a filly by Dark Angel
- Lot 53, a son of Scat Daddy and the first foal of a Group 3 placed mare from the family of LOUVETERIE, LOUP SAUVAGE and LOUVE, consigned by Newsells Park Stud.
- Lot 59, a son of Invincible Spirit out of 3 Brownstown Stakes winner MARVADA from Grove Stud.
- Lot 66, a son of Exceed and Excel, the second foal out of MOLLY MALONE, winner of the 1 Prix du Cadran consigned by Haras de Grandcamp.
- Lot 87, a colt by Nathaniel and the first foal out of PAGERA, a Group 3 winner in Germany and placed in the1 E.P Taylor Stakes offered by Haras de Colleville.
- Lot 103, a son of New Approach and 1 E.P. Taylor Stakes heroine REGGANE, consigned by Haras de La Perelle.
- Lot 104, the first foal by Frankel out of RESTIADARGENT, winner of the2 Critérium de Maisons-Laffitte and Gr .3 Prix d’Arenberg in addition to finishing third in the Gr.1 Diamond Jubilee Stakes. This colt comes from Haras de Colleville.
- Lot 115, a son of Street Cry and the first foal out of 3 Prix de Royaumont victress SEDICIOSA offered from Haras d’Etreham.
- Lot 119, a colt by Invincible Spirit out of triple Group 3 winner SONEVA from Haras de Grandcamp.
Part 1: Sunday 14 August, 94 lots, sale starts at 5pm
Monday 15 August, 95 lots, sale starts at 5pm
Part 2: Tuesday 16 August, 186 lots, sale starts at 1pm
V.2 Sale: Wednesday 17 August, 129 lots, sale starts at 1pm
Catalogue online at www.arqana.com and soon on the iPad app Equineline